1) All DM&E tow cutters use a pneumatic presser wheel mechanism. Full pneumatic travel prevents damage to valuable cutter reels in the event a blockage occurs in the cutting zone. All presser wheel utilize sealed ball bearings, and can be easily adjusted for presser wheel-to-blade clearance.
2) All tow cutters feature a welded frames with hinged doors to give easy access to the cutter reels. The cutter reel attaches from the top with a drawbar for simple reel changes on Models 20, 40 and 60. Model 90 cutters and the Mk4 and Mk5 cutters use a captive bolt reel connection. Gauges and controls are mounted at a convenient height.
3) Right or left hand operation is available on all cutters. (Right hand cutters move the tow from the right to the left.)
4) Variable speed electronic drives are standard on all cutters. All drives are state-of-the-art solid state units supplied by major manufacturers that offer world-wide service. Frequency and voltage are available to suit most requirements. A double reduction toothed belt drive on most cutters allows the motor and tow speed to be matched for optimum control and energy efficient operation.
5) A sophisticated tow guiding system is used to control the tow presentation to the cutter reel in all DM&E cutters. Correct tow presentation is critical to quality staple. The tow may be maneuvered vertically or horizontally, and shaped from top to bottom to present the most uniform tow bundle to the cutter reel.
6) Safety is designed into each cutter. Reel access doors are electrically interlocked for operator safety. Controls are functionally interlocked to prevent improper operation. CE compliant units are optional.
7) All cutters are pretested and supplied with complete maintenance and operating manuals. Critical spare parts are stocked by DM&E and available for overnight delivery if necessary to keep you in production.