Cutter Reel Repair
Cutter reels will eventually need repair. DM&E provides repair services for all makes of cutter reels. We rebuild cutter reels applying the same care, and quality we use in every new cutter reel.
When a reel arrives for repair it is disassembled, cleaned and inspected to the same standards as a new cutter reel. During inspection missing and damaged components are noted along with any mechanical problems that affect reel performance. The inspection sheet assists in preparing your quotation. Only after the quotation is approved do our technicians begin work.
When all repairs are completed, the cutter reel is reinspected and a copy of the inspection sheet is included with the cutter reel as it is returned. A second copy of the inspection remains permanently in our files for a historical record of all repairs.
Some of the repair services include:
- Replace bent, broken, and missing blade support pins.
- Straighten bent, warped, and damaged reels.
- Replace broken or damaged phenolic covers, hubs, and blade retainers.
- Inspect your reels in your plant.
- Give emergency service.
- Modify your reels to eliminate processing problems.
- Offer comprehensive reel maintenance programs.
- Correct your O.E.M. reels to give proper cutting performance.
In addition to all of this we can come to your plant, inspect your reels and give you an on-site diagnosis. We regularly provide seminars covering both process and maintenance of all cutting systems.